Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Fawthrop

Default Loft ladder question: wood vs. aluminium

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 12:56:07 -0000, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

| Ok, I'm living in a shoe-box new-build home, with buggerall storage, so
| the loft space appealed to me for storing empty boxes and whatnot*
|
|I can understand the what not but why empty boxes???

June is an Avon Lady so we get several boxes every three weeks. They have
been the same size for mumble years, both stackable, and the right
size/weight for a woman or OAP to handle. People in the know ask for
them, so few are thrown away without re-use at least once.

|Our whatnots include a
|dolls house, stores of leather and fabric, tents and camping equipment, some
|weird historical equipment (used sometimes), spinning wheel, slabs of
|beeswax, honey jars, moulds, ceramics and other things made by student
|children in the past which they'll eventually want (I hope), ... and
|probably all the things we can never find until we think of looking in the
|loft ...

Yes well our loft is full, of junk in Avon Boxes, as well :-(
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
17,000 free e-books at Project Gutenberg! http://www.gutenberg.net