Posted to alt.home.repair

Default No mail box!

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 05:05:30 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"Jim McLaughlin" jim.mclaughlin wrote in message

B. Regarding the woman, immediately after the post office, call ypour
homeowners / renters insurance company, and give them all the data on the
sweetheart who hit the box.

Sure, make a $20 claim and get your rates jacked or two $20 claims and get
cancelled.

Yeah, and theres probably at least a $100 deductible, so you wont he
anything from the insurance co.

Personally, I'd file a report with the police, then send that woman
the bill and scare her by saying you are going to take her to small
claims court. She'll probably pay. Heck, a mailbox is $10 at
Walmart. Plus your post whatever that is made of. Maybe a bag of
cement, a few bolts and some new stick on numbers. If the total is
$50, thats stretching it, unless you got a gold plated box.

Where I used to live, there were some assholes that used to drive
around and smash mailboxes with a baseball bat. At least once a year
we had to replace them. It took 3 years, but someone finally caught
the punks, and they were in BIG trouble. Of course no one ever got
reimbursed, but the cops got a nice amount from the fine from what I
heard. Actually damaging a mailbox (on purpose) is a federal offense,
but the cops apparently did not want to go that far with it, The kids
got fines and lost their drivers licenses is what I heard.