Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Default Age of house

Rob Morley wrote:
In article
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
Roly wrote:
A friend of mine is trying to discover exactly when her house was
built.

The deeds don't help as it originally was a local authority house
and the deeds only start when it was sold to the private sector.

It's obvious that it was built somewhere around 1945-1950

Is there a simple way to date the house more accurately ? than that
?

You could try this...problem is most of the answers you might not
know?

I tried it and the house I'm in is almost to the date it gave me,
due to not knowing some of the questions.

http://www.bricksandbrass.co.uk/houseage/ageform.htm

I tried my 1931 house and it thought it was late Victorian.

Must have been the reclaimed victorian bricks that done it.

--?
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite