Old Nick

Default Power supply for 18 V dewalt cordless tools

On Fri, 5 Sep 2003 19:53:07 -0400, "William G Darby"
wrote something
.......and in reply I say!:

I run my 12V cordless on a gelcell. If I am doing a lot of work, say
drilling several holes, I attach a small 12v/2.5 A battery charger.
One of the simpler variety. This will considerably extend the working
life. I know it's not recommended to charge gel-cells with these
chargers, but if you are using heavily and watch out, you should do no
damage. Works for me. I never leave the batteries charging when I walk
off, even for a coffee break. Do all this at your own risk.

The batteries are large capacity. They are cheap. I hang the battery
of a bum-bag around my waist mostly, when I am not connected to the
charger. Then I leave the charger aside and attach during breaks in
the job.

18V gets a little messier, but should be doable.

A couple of questions that I thought I'd ask:

The first is as per the subject line: What would I need to construct a PSU
for my 18 volt cordless tools. My batteries just will not keep up. ( I was
thinking only of a transformer and a full wave rectifier, and wondered if I
needed something special to allow the variable speed function to work)

The second is that I found the link below on:
Ernie Leimkuhler and Stagesmith's Massive Metal Links List, and it's got new
dewalt 18 volt batteries listed at two for $108.99. That seems pretty good
for an over the counter sale but I wondered if there's any better price out
there??

http://www.toolsforless.com/cgi-bin/...=DeWalt+page=2

Bill D

Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach.
The rest sit around and make snide comments.

Nick White --- HEAD:Hertz Music
Please remove ns from my header address to reply via email
!!
")
_/ )
( )