Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default No mail box!

On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 18:00:12 -0600, "HeyBub"

I'm afraid so Bob, It is not a criminal offence to leave the scene of
an accident where there have been no injuries, pretty much everywhere.

If it was an accident then there is no deliberate destruction of
property and not something the police can get involved in. The owner
of the car is obliged to pay for the damage, but the police are not
debt collectors.

Broad daylight. Streets dry. No (provable) alcohol involved. The driver
evidently passed the state test for a driver's license. Car properly tagged
and safety inspected. In other words, no discernable "cause" for the
"accident."

The act, therefore, had to be intentional and there ARE laws in every
jurisdiction for malicious destruction of property. Especially mailboxes.

How nice was the car? I'd hate to damage my car just to run over a
mailbox.

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.