Posted to alt.home.repair
Toller

Default No mail box!

I called and spoke to the police they sent someone by to take the
information and said basically there is nothing I can do to recover the
lost. I was not worried about the lost, I was ****ed at the lack of
courtesy to at least stop and apologize, she plowed into my front yeard
and
took out my mail box at a high speed. Shouldn't she at least be ticketed
for rackless driving or leaving the scene of a "situation"??? The officer
basically shrugged and said I will get a report in a few days, I don't get
the idea he will at least go over to this lady's place to issue a
warning...

Generally the police will not ticket for something they didn't witness,
unless it is pretty darn undeniable.

Obviously you can sue, but it hardly seems worth the trouble.
Be thankful you have a good neighbor and let it go at that.