Posted to rec.woodworking
Leuf

Default Burnt Oak Kitchen Work Surface - Help!

On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 17:32:16 +0000, total novice
wrote:

My housemate placed a hot pan on our oak worktop. Now there is a large
black burn mark on the surface. Should we sand it down and revarnish?
Called in a french polisher and he quoted a ridiculous amount and also
said that the mark would still be noticeable. Can someone tell me if
his is likely?

If you sand the whole thing down enough it will be gone. Don't go
crazy just sanding that one spot or you'll have a depression there.

-Leuf