Posted to rec.woodworking
R. Pierce Butler

Default unisaw motors

Ba r r y wrote in
:

On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 15:21:49 -0500, "mike hide"
wrote:

I need a new 1 1/2 HP unisaw motor, anyone know any good sources ?

This is an excellent time to upgrade to 3 HP! G

I've actually found my best motor deals, get this... LOCALLY.

Check your local Yellow Pages under "Electric Motor". I've bought
machine motors, spa pump motors, etc... at very reasonable prices.

For CT residents, I've had excellent experience with a motor shop on
Hartford Turnpike in Wallingford, just south of the Oakdale Theatre.
I honestly can't remember the name of the place. He usually needs a
day or two to get the exact fit, but he usually tests the old motor to
see if he can simply replace starters or brushes, before selling me a
new motor. G

Grainger is another source, but the little local guy killed Grainger
prices, and Grainger won't test what you've got.

Barry

The best deals on motors I have found are done with a google search. I was
looking for a TEFC 2 HP for my pool and the local people wanted $160.00 to
over $200. Found it for $100 shipped.