Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerald Miller

Default Tin

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 02:41:16 GMT, "William Wixon"
wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...
Anybody know where I can buy sheets of tin for tin punching?

funny, the previous responses. my first thought was... those (not sure if
they're two gallons, or three gallons, or what, they're certainly larger
than one gallon) rectangular metal vegetable oil containers out in the back
by the garbage by every chinese restaurant i know of. free. cut 'em up and
flatten 'em out. either get paint stripper to remove the printed on labels
or leave them on for "character".

b.w.

While I worked in quality control on civil engineering projects, I had
an excellent source - compressive strength samples of concrete are
cast in 6" dia x 12" long molds often made of tin plate (one
manufacturer was Vulcan Containers although I don't see them on their
web site http://www.vulcanltd.ca/index.html )
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada