Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

Default Age of house

In article ,
Mary Fisher wrote:
BTW; did the original poster not see/read/get sight of the title
papers when the house was conveyed?

We didn't see the deeds of either of our houses until the first was
compulsorily purchased (and we weren't allowed to keep them so I made a
hand written copy) and we completed the mortgage payments on the
second. We're still there.

The deeds are normally at the solicitor's office when you go in to sign
for things before buying. He/she should really explain anything unusual in
them - and you could examine them then if required. And there's no reason
why you shouldn't be given (and pay) for a copy if you want one. But of
course this wasn't easy before photocopiers.

--
*Oh, what a tangled website we weave when first we practice *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.