Posted to alt.home.repair
ameijers

Default No mail box!

"RobertM" wrote in message
miamicuse wrote:
Will the post office deliver mail to my door if I no longer have a mail

box?
(snip)
.. Someone ran into
my car in the parking lot in front of the apartment where I lived. As he
drove off, I got his number and reported it to the police. The police
wondered why I was bothering them. He looked at me and asked, "Was
anyone hurt?" I said, "No." He said, "Then you should be reporting it to
your insurance company, not to us." Apparently it is legal to run into
someone else's car or property and then leave, at least in Massachusetts.

Same thing happened to me here in SW Michigan, a year or so ago. Cops said
that unless I saw who did it, they wouldn't even do an accident report.
Called my my insurance company, since it had been my understanding a report
number was required for hit'n'run claims. They said it was, but they were
used to small-town PDs being assholes about it, and paid the claim anyway.

(This is the same PD, that when my apartment was broken into, robbed, and
trashed, first asked me whose girlfriend I was screwing, but I digress...)

aem sends...