Posted to alt.home.repair
miamicuse

Default No mail box!

Will the post office deliver mail to my door if I no longer have a mail box?

Someone this afternoon slam his car into my mail box, uprooted the metal
post, the concrete anchor and completely destroyed the mail box. She backed
her car up and drove off without saying a word. I came out of my driveway
and saw him drove off and so I went after him in one direction, my neighbor
drove off at the same time and looked for him in another direction. I came
up empty but he found her and tailed her until she parked at an apartment a
few blocks north. When he asked her about why she drove off after hitting
someone's property, she said nothing and just walked off. He took down her
car model and license number.

I called and spoke to the police they sent someone by to take the
information and said basically there is nothing I can do to recover the
lost. I was not worried about the lost, I was ****ed at the lack of
courtesy to at least stop and apologize, she plowed into my front yeard and
took out my mail box at a high speed. Shouldn't she at least be ticketed
for rackless driving or leaving the scene of a "situation"??? The officer
basically shrugged and said I will get a report in a few days, I don't get
the idea he will at least go over to this lady's place to issue a warning...

Now, it's too late to erect a new mail box. I won't have it for a few days,
what will the PO do when there is not a mail box to deliver to? return the
mail? hold the mail or drop at door step?

MC