Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT

Default Wirenuts Part II

Pop wrote:

"RBM" rbm2(remove wrote in message
: Soldering takes longer to do, and longer to undo. A properly
installed wire
: nut works just fine
:
Very true, especially the "undo" part if you don't have the
needed slack in the wires. But, if done right, you just clip and
go! You shouldn't use the previously twisted parts of the wires
anyway, so, really, not a lot of difference to snip 'n' go.

Besides, most codes say NO as near as I can tell.

Pop

I'd be surprised if a soldered and wirenutted connection was as
strong as one made with a wirenut alone. Solder is pretty soft.