Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT

Default Wirenuts Part II

Nexus7 wrote:

snip
If you have a junction box with a spaghetti of cables and conduits,
then instead of a whole mass of wirenuts inside it, you can get a
junction strip from Radio Shack. It consists of a series of screw
terminals encased completely in plastic. It will accomodate 3 #12 or a
#10 wire on each terminal on each side. This is not the terminal strip
that you can get at the HD where the screw heads are exposed and the
wire goes directly below the screw head. The RS one has a blob of metal
with a bore into which you insert the wires. The screw tightens into
the bore. The head of the screw is 1/4" deep in the plastic, so you use
a narrow screwdriver to tighten the terminals. You can grab the whole
strip with hot connections while you tighten new ones, and you're
insulated all the time.

Is it UL listed for that sort of use?