Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DanG

Default Tin

I'll bite. I may be totally incorrect, not all that unusual a
position. If you are talking about punching pattern holes in "tin
plate" like in an antique pie cupboard or similar, I think you
will find it is galvanized steel plate. For a full sheet or more,
contact a local steel supplier and ask for his lightest gauge
galvanized sheet. This material will be quite shiny. You may
prefer "paint grip" where the galvanize has been cleaned and
treated - it is a bit more dull. If you want some smaller pieces,
contact a local sheet metal shop or heat and air company. They
would probably give you enough small pieces to keep you more than
busy. They might even have copper sheet, aluminum sheet,
stainless.

I don't think you can buy sheets of just tin. Again, I'm prepared
to be wrong. I was set on being wrong, I went and tried Google.
I found this:
http://www.vandykes.com/product/02226936/

(top posted for your convenience)
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

wrote in message
oups.com...
Anybody know where I can buy sheets of tin for tin punching?