Posted to misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
F. George McDuffee

Default Ubuntu Live CD

On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 12:02:26 -0600, technomaNge
wrote:
snip
QB: ya got me on that one. If you mean Quick Basic, lots of
commands are the same as XBasic. If you mean Quick Books,
try appgen at http://t2100cdt.kippona.net/linux/appgen/

snip
Assuming you mean quick basic, take a look at PowerBasic at
http://www.powerbasic.com/products/compiler.asp

As part of my system upgrade [w98 to w2k], I discovered that the
Quick Basic is no longer totally compatible with the newer
versions of Windows. I upgraded to Power Basics CC [Console
Compiler] (console being the new name for dos box). Seems to be
pretty bullet proof and is an update of Borland's TurboBasic. I
was able to recompile the QB programs I tried using PB with
minimal changes [mainly const keyword not supported except in
macros].

On their website Power Basic indicates they have a Linix version
in the works which is due RSN.

PB charges for printed documentation [which is included as pdf on
their distribution disk] but this appears to be worth the
additional price. I still miss the loose-leaf binders that used
to come with the software....

They also sell cool PowerBasic t-shirts.

Uncle George