Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

Default Loft ladder question: wood vs. aluminium

"Andy Hall" wrote in message

I've had both the aluminium and the folding wooden ones.

I tend to access the loft fairly regularly for storage purposes and to
access servers etc. which live there.

We go up most days and have no problems at all with the ally one.

Frankly, the aluminium ones are rubbish if you need to access the loft
regularly. A lot of space is wasted, they are wobbly and the narrow
treads hurt the feet.

Oh come on! I go up in bare feet as often as not and it doesn't hurt. I've
even been going up and down with my recently butchered feet and clumsy
'surgical boot', again with no problems.

In these respects, the wooden ones are far superior.

I think you're a sensitive plant :-)

Mary