Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

Default upvc windows in conservation area.

"Ian Stirling" wrote in message

Per capita UK emissions of CO2 are about 2500Kg.

I'd really like to see some numbers broken down accurately by building
type.

However.
Use cement, and build rigidly, and you've pretty much got to build on a
rigid structure, meaning hugely extensive foundations.

Use lime, and allow the building to flex, and you can reduce these.

The 'right' way to solve this I suspect is prizes.

Set goals, which might be CO2 emission, operating cost, price,
... for a house.

Scrap _all_ building/fire/planning regulations for these, and instead rely
on a detailed engineering survey to ensure they meet the spirit of the
regs.
Rewrite the regs if required.

Award a prize for the 'best' house of several million.

What a sensible post!

Mary

Copy.