Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

Default Age of house

"Brian Sharrock" wrote in message
John Rumm typed

There was on mine... the person who rendered the chiney stack in the
loft signed and dated his work ;-)

The same person must've rendered my chimney too ....)
1935 scratched into the mortar; which nicely agrees with the
title.

BTW; did the original poster not see/read/get sight of the title
papers when the house was conveyed?

We didn't see the deeds of either of our houses until the first was
compulsorily purchased (and we weren't allowed to keep them so I made a hand
written copy) and we completed the mortgage payments on the second. We're
still there.

I was disappointedwith the second, I expected some kind of formal handing
over ceremony, instead we were kept waiting on chairs in a council corridor
(it was a corporation mortgage) and eventually a teenage girl came up, asked
if we were Mr and Mrs Fisher and gave us an envelope.We could have been
anyone ... no receipt, no signing, no trumpet fanfare - bugger all.

So we went and had a drink at the Mustard Pot where a son was a barman and
tried to make a ceremony..

It was memorable only for being a non event :-(

Mary

--

Brian