Posted to misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
Offbreed

Default Ubuntu Live CD

Buy_Sell wrote:
I don't see Ubuntu as a threat
at all. If anything, the internet would be the biggest threat because
it is how the information is being transported. As for the money
behind giving out Ubuntu for free including free shipping, I still
don't have an answer to that one. It baffles me as to why they would
do that. The entire Linux project was started with the objective of
making a free operating system for mankind. Ubuntu happens to be the
best version that I have seen.

You have my point exactly backwards. The internet is a grave threat to
dictators, and a possible threat to the aristocracy (or whatever you
want to call it) running Europe, and Ubuntu, along with cheap, surplus
computers, opens the net to thousands who would not otherwise be able to
get on line.

Those thousands have active minds, or they would not be getting on line,
they will read things from over seas and discuss what they read with
their friends and families. They will think. They will compare what they
read with life around them. Worse yet, they will network with others in
their own countries and decide that something needs changing.