Posted to misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
Buy_Sell

Default Ubuntu Live CD

I suppose that could be true of any operating system. But you would
have to go on the internet in order for people to track your
information. What if you did all of your personal and business
computing offline? Then it would be pretty hard to control
information. With the billions of people using the internet each day,
I'm wondering how many people it takes to process all of this
information? Computers are great at sorting out data but when it gets
right down to it, people still have to search thru it all and make
sense of what information is relevant. I don't see Ubuntu as a threat
at all. If anything, the internet would be the biggest threat because
it is how the information is being transported. As for the money
behind giving out Ubuntu for free including free shipping, I still
don't have an answer to that one. It baffles me as to why they would
do that. The entire Linux project was started with the objective of
making a free operating system for mankind. Ubuntu happens to be the
best version that I have seen.
--------------------------------------
Offbreed Jan 21, 9:35 pm

Buy_Sell wrote:
I've been using Ubuntu for more than a year now. It is very good. I
don't understand how the folks at Ubuntu can afford to give away such a
beautiful product absolutely free.

http://www.canonical.com/sitemap

As far as I got. There's money behind it, somewhere.

Dictators derive a good part of their power from the control of
information. Ubuntu is a threat to that.

We will have to see what happens next.