Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.survivalism,alt.survivalism
Cliff

Default What machine tool company is the biggest?

On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 21:15:16 GMT, zadoc wrote:

On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 08:56:48 -0500, Cliff wrote:

On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 12:27:16 GMT, zadoc wrote:

On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 05:01:59 -0500, Cliff wrote:

On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 09:31:25 GMT, zadoc wrote:

Ever hear of Masada? A large number of Jews took refuge on a mountain
fortress and held out against the Roman legions. When it became
obvious that the Romans were going to win, they all committed suicide.

Except for a few hiding in a cistern IIRC. They escaped.

Actually hadn't heard that. Interesting if true. Do you have a
reference?

Just for starters:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masada
"This account of the siege of Masada was apparently related to Josephus by two
women who survived the suicide by hiding inside a cistern along with five
children."

Striking forehead with hand, thinking "Hell, I should have realized
that Wikipedia would have something on it!" :-)

I found it in a search to post my reply to you G.
The info I already knew .... just needed to find something online. I'd
not recalled the exact name "Josephus" (and cannot much spell anyway).

Searching for"Josephus" plus a bit more would probaby find a lot more.

...But thanks for the answer, anyway!

Ask anytime G.
--
Cliff