Default Question, home shop security systems

In article ,
John L. Weatherly wrote:
Jon Anderson wrote:

The neighbor's have a large dog, perps Maced it.

Man, that really sucks. Our pups start raising Cain if someone so much as
darkens out driveway. I guess that's one good thing about living in town
(about the only thing).

Regarding security systems, I believe that if someone wants in, they going
to find a way in. All we can do is try to deter them as much as possible.
Just keep in mind, if you hook into a monitoring station, and have x number
of false alarms over y period of time the cops will give you a ticket.

When I grew up (not too long ago) you could leave you doors unlocked all the
time without getting ripped off. I guess times are a-changin.
--
John L. Weatherly
Nashville, TN

Please remove triple X's to reply via email

How about having the alarm system trigger a heated nozzle through which is
forced about a gallon of diluted glycerin. Think big theatrical smoke
machine here. Hard to take what you can't see and it is unpleasant to
breathe. Should also get the authorities there too. I believe heard about
this being done by the owner of an electronics store that was getting
smash-and-grab type robberies too often. Stopped them from what I heard.

-- Joe

--
Joseph M. Krzeszewski Mechanical Engineering and stuff
Jack of All Trades, Master of None... Yet