Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT

Default Wirenuts

John‰]
wrote:
In article . com, Dave
wrote:

I swear I don't trust these things. You tighten the hell out of them
but too often one wire does not get pulled in as far as the others and
is still a bit wiggly, and there is no room to do much of an inspection
or pull-test. They need to be made out of clear plastic with a square
end you could twist with a socket wrench -- or maybe install the
plastic insulator as a second step.

If you don't trust wire nuts, look for the push-in connectors at any of
the big box stores. They have an internal spring that grabs the wire
when you push it in that prevents it from backing out. You can get
them in clear plastic with two to eight ports. They are terrific in
crowded boxes with several wire nut connections. They cost more than
wire nuts but the savings in time and space are worth it.

http://www.electricalbasics.com/acat...onnectors.html

Isn't that basically the same technology as the "stab-in" connections
on switches that are so maligned here?