Brian

Default feeding wires from/to behind skirting

"NC" wrote in message

Hi Neil,

I am planning on running speaker cables behind the skirting when I rip up
the carpet and lay laminate throughout our flat. However, I started

thinking
last night about how to get it in and out from behing the skirting ! I

dont
really want any big gaps between pieces, so what is the best way to do

this

Are you taking the skirting off the wall first, lay the floor and then
replace the skirting?

If that is the case then the job is easy - lay the floor lay the cable on
top of the floor and then refit the skirting making any exit holes in it
before you do.

If you are leaving the skirting intact then you will have a problem as you
will have to try and feed the cable into any gap between the floor and
skirting or try and notch the skirting but it will be almost impossible to
bring the cable out from behind it.

?? The cable will be going vertically up the wall from the point at which

it
comes out from behind the skirting. Would it be possible / look OK to cut

little square out of the top of the skirting for this ?? If I do, will the
integrity of the skirting be effected, and will it effect the fitting to

the
wall ?

See comments above

Also, along the same lines, if I run the cable behind the skirting it may
well fall and lie in the expansion gap between laminate and wall. What are
the chances that the laminate will expand the full 10mm and 'squash' the
cable ??

See comments above

Hope this helps

Brian