Posted to alt.home.repair
Pop

Default Wirenuts

:
: I now always pre-twist for this reason: if you have a solid
connection
: with nothing loose all on its own without a wirenut, then you
know you
: have a good connection and the wirenut serves little more than
an
: insulator for the joint.
:
: Strip the ends of wires off at least a half inch more than
needed. Line
: them all up so the end of each wire's insulation are even.
Twist the
: wires using a pair of linesmans pliers so they are held
together well.
: If you need to attached a stranded conductor, hand-twist it
around the
: twisted solid conductors. Then cut off the twisted connection
so that it
: is the right length so as not to protrude from the wirenut once
it is
: installed (this also cuts away the "chewed up" end from the
pliers!).
: Then attach the wirenut.

Same here; All I use the wire nuts for is insulation. I also
tape them with rubber tape. Lots of people are going to disagree
with this, but ... so be it g.

Pop