Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Lobby Dosser

Default Which turning tools to go with?

Lenny wrote:

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 07:59:11 GMT, Lobby Dosser
wrote:

Lenny wrote:

I'm still waiting for my Harbor Freight turning chisels and HSS tool
bits for making an Oland tool. Their website says allow 10 - 14
business days and I guess they aren't kidding. Not exactly a model
of efficiency compared to most of the other companies out there.

But cheap. And, somewhat surprisingly, good on the customer service
end. I usually go to the local store, but they are not carrying
everything now so I placed an online order. Order showed up after an
interminable wait with one item short, but listed on the invoice. With
some trepidation and the expectation of mucho hassle, I called the
customer service number. Got connected pretty quickly with a human,
told them my problem, read them the invoice number, and got told
they'd ship the missing item that day. It showed up as promised. I was
very impressed.

Well, this was just my first order from them, and your right, I think
a set of 8, hss turning tools for $40 bucks is a pretty good deal.
Glad to hear their customer service is good.One thing for sure,
they'll get here sooner then I'll find ANY decent turning tools
locally !
Must be nice living near a real woodworking supply stores.
{and expensive} =0 )
Probably just as well I don't .

Lenny

Actually I live near both. HF and the good stores. It's a blessing and a
curse!