Posted to misc.consumers.house
KLS

Default Question for Chain link fence expert ? guages for different animals ?

On 20 Jan 2006 05:59:02 -0800, wrote:

My German Shepherd just went over chain link (only about 3'). Tried
adding 2' more temporary plastic above that and it took about an hour
for her to figure out how to defeat it. Put in a 6' wood privacy fence
and she learned how to open the gate latch. Modified the latch and she
figured out how to just climb the 6' fence to visit the neighbors.
Whatever you use make sure you add a roof.

Yeah, right, a roof over an entire yard? As for your GSD, have you
tried exercising her strenuously and regularly? My two young dogs
don't even TRY to leave my yard, which has 4' chain link of
indeterminate weight, because I walk them daily for 2-4 miles.
Intelligent dogs need a lot of exercise and stimulation.