Posted to misc.consumers.house
Rich Greenberg

Default Question for Chain link fence expert ? guages for different animals ?

In article ,
Father Jack Hackett wrote:
Is 9 about the heaviest ?

I don't know. Ask the fence company.

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 20:27:58 +0000 (UTC), (Rich
Greenberg) wrote:

In article ,
Father Jack Hackett wrote:
Is there a quality grade of chain link for animals ? I have seen
animals at the zoo behind chain link and not ehard of escapes.
Last year I purchased one of those 10 x 10 x 6 ft high ready made dog
pens. It took my German Shepherd about a hour to rip a hole in the
door.
I know have two German Shepherds and would like to to build a long
run. Is there a better heavier grade, like something made for lions ?

Most home installations use a light gague wire, #12 or 13. You really
want heavier, like 9. You also want a tension wire at the bottom or
even better a bar across the bottom.

Atlanta Siberian Husky Rescue.
www.panix.com/~richgr/ Asst Owner:Sibernet-L