Posted to uk.d-i-y
chris French

Default Round conduit metal box?

In message , Dave Stanton
writes
On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 11:43:17 +0000, T i m wrote:

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 11:32:04 +0000, Dave Stanton
wrote:
.

Err why dont you just use the metal capping which is designed to do this
job instead of faffing around with other stuff.

Can you replace the cable from behind that though Dave (should you
want to etc)?

Yes as long as you dont clip to the wall and then put the capping over the
top.

Hmmmm, in my experience not so easily, as instead of straight run of
smooth conduit, you have got rough uneven wall behind. And TBh, I find
it easier to use the conduit than the capping, for one it needs fixing
less, but then my old house had very hard mortar in places.
--
Chris French