Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m

Default Round conduit metal box?

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 19:21:20 GMT, Chip
wrote:

The adaptor body push fits on the end of the conduit (& can be glued if
necessary) and leaves an end with an M20 female thread. Then a 20 mm
male bush (comes with the adaptor) is pushed through a box knock-out and
screwed into the female part (if you'll pardon the expression). The
bush does restrict the i/d of the conduit a bit, but 2 x 2.5 mm^2 T&E
cables will go through OK (just).

Sadly those are only available from TLC and the like for round
conduit. It does seem to me that such a device (maybe even just
pushfit) should exist for the oval 'conduit'

Hmmm .. now there's business oppertunity if ever I heard one! ;-)

16, 20, 25 to single, 32mm oval to twin box holes converter.

"Allows an easy transition between oval and round. no more stuck
wires, no need for loose grommets. Simply snaps into metal box and
oval pushes into convertor". ;-)

Give it five 5 years .. 2mil house in Barbados next to similar folk
who earnt their fortunes from curtian rings or fridge safety catches.
;-)

All the best ..

T i m