Statics

Default Power supply for 18 V dewalt cordless tools

Your 18V tools will likely run on 12 volts albeit slower. Maybe just use a
deep cycle 12 marine battery for much longer run time. I've seen photos of
battery pack mockups with contacts and cables running out to connect to the
boat's battery for middle of nowhere repairs.

Bit of a strange compromise I suppose but for the right application could be
just the ticket.

StaticsJason

"William G Darby" wrote in message
.. .
A couple of questions that I thought I'd ask:

The first is as per the subject line: What would I need to construct a

PSU
for my 18 volt cordless tools. My batteries just will not keep up. ( I was
thinking only of a transformer and a full wave rectifier, and wondered if

needed something special to allow the variable speed function to work)

The second is that I found the link below on:
Ernie Leimkuhler and Stagesmith's Massive Metal Links List, and it's got

new
dewalt 18 volt batteries listed at two for $108.99. That seems pretty good
for an over the counter sale but I wondered if there's any better price

out
there??

http://www.toolsforless.com/cgi-bin/...ry=Accessories
Batteries&mfr_name=DeWalt+page=2