Andy Hall

Default Leaky AquaLisa shower

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 08:57:50 +0100, "AlexL"
wrote:

I thought I'd update this thread with the conclusion to my story so that
future readers are helped.

I bought a new cartridge for the thermostatic mixer. btw: Plumb Centre has
the best price - I could have saved myself £15, but was drawn to the wrong
store because it had a big "AquaLisa" sign outside!

I cleaned everything up and fitted the new cartridge - a pretty easy task,
the worst of which was replacing the rubber O-ring on the hot water inlet at
the back, but a sharp, thin kitchen knife helped remove the old O-ring and
inserting the new one was easy with 2 screwdrivers. I used the time doing
all this to de-scale the shower head: always well worth it when you realise
afterwards what sort of shower you have been missing out on!

Once all back together and the water turned back on, there were no
leaks/drips at all. As they say, "Job done." It was a more expensive fix
than I had hoped for, but hey: you can't take any money with you when you
die. Plus I now have this sci-fi looking old cartridge that I can either
throw away or use in a technology sculpture/construction thing....!

AlexL
Happy showers are here again.

Keep the receipt. I did have one go dud after about 10 months

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl