NC

Default feeding wires from/to behind skirting

All,
I am planning on running speaker cables behind the skirting when I rip up
the carpet and lay laminate throughout our flat. However, I started thinking
last night about how to get it in and out from behing the skirting ! I dont
really want any big gaps between pieces, so what is the best way to do this
?? The cable will be going vertically up the wall from the point at which it
comes out from behind the skirting. Would it be possible / look OK to cut a
little square out of the top of the skirting for this ?? If I do, will the
integrity of the skirting be effected, and will it effect the fitting to the
wall ?

Also, along the same lines, if I run the cable behind the skirting it may
well fall and lie in the expansion gap between laminate and wall. What are
the chances that the laminate will expand the full 10mm and 'squash' the
cable ??

All advice / help much appreciated - as always !

Neil.