Posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.home.repair
RicodJour

Default Question: "This Old House" The Current Project

Jack wrote:
features renovation of a modern house in Cambridge MA, and, it must be
costing $$$MILLIONS! The house features all kinds of labor-intensive
details.

Who pays for this? The program, which is partly funded by our
donations? Or the home owner?

Not sure if your donation money makes it into the project - kind of
doubtful. There's advertising and the show promotes products,
materials and contractors - plenty of bucks in that. The project is in
Cambridge, MA and in a great section. The house hadn't had anything
done to it in quite some time. I'm not sure how long the owner has
lived there, but I gathered it had been a while, so there must have
been a fair amount of equity in the property. I don't know what the
owner does, but he went to MIT, and we all know they're loaded. Right,
Jeff?