gradstdnt

Default OT Moon Story/Pics

Looking at the animated sequence at the bottom
of the page clearly shows that this is duped.
Someone took one image and by zooming in,
created a poor illusion of orbiting over the
surface of the moon. The sequence lacks proper
perspective. Perspective from a moving observer
would suggest that objects at infinity are
stationary. Objects closer and closer to the
observer display a greater and greater relative
motion. The closest objects would appear to move
the most from the perspective of a moving observer.

With earth at infinity, the moons horizon much
closer, and surface features below, much much
closer, you should see some effect of perspective
here. In the short duration of the movie, you
should see no change in the earth, fartest away,
very little change at the moons horizon, and some
change at the moons surface. Instead we see
all these things changing at the same rate.

Look at the clip and focus on the moons surface and
the object in question. The illusion looks almost
real. Look at the clip again and focus on the
Earth. The breakdown in perspective is evident.

Ed Sievers wrote in message ...
http://shadowboxent.brinkster.net/moon/esjmoon.html

Hi all!
The above link was sent by a friend, and think it would be most interesting
to read the groups opinions of what is going on here.
Wish I was smart enough to explain it. Ed