Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Brian Lawson

Default "Ingenious Mechanisms" book set

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 17:49:23 GMT, "carl mciver"
wrote:

I've been thinking about getting a set of these books, but wanted to get
a better idea about them, since information about their actual content is
pretty skimpy on the web. For those that have a set, what can you tell me
that makes me want to run out right now and get them?

Hey Carl,

Nothing would make me "run out" to get a set, and certainly not right
now. If someone were to give me another set, I would quickly
"re-gift" them for sure, although I'll keep the set I've got for now
(Hmmm....wonder where the heck they are anyway??) Too much BS for me.
B-O-R-R-R-R-R-R-I-N-G.
Now, guys like David MacMillan would love them, but the stuff is much
too esoteric for any home shop use, and very little on "Oh Yeah!!
That's a good idea!!" stuff.

Now, some more MH's make me drool. I've got LOTS of room for more of
them! One within arms reach at all times is a good idea.

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.