Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Default "Ingenious Mechanisms" book set

"carl mciver" wrote in message
news
I've been thinking about getting a set of these books, but wanted to
get
a better idea about them, since information about their actual content is
pretty skimpy on the web. For those that have a set, what can you tell me
that makes me want to run out right now and get them?

I live with the four-volume set within reach of my bedstand.

I've never built one single mechanism from any of them. On the other hand,
I've had many puzzles to solve with machine design for which they contained
the secrets to the solution.

These books are chock-full of OLD, purely mechanical, sometimes
simple-sometimes complex ideas and sub-machines. Virtually any motion
translation is described there.

I wouldn't be without them. I've had my set for twelve years, and they're
as interesting as when new every time I open them.

(there is a small but recognizable redundancy among the four, but not enough
to harm their value)

LLoyd