Statics

Default Basic Anodizing Question

" Doug Goncz " wrote in message
From: "Statics"

level of anodizing can even be done in a bath of Coca-Cola (phosphoric

acid
anodizing).

I just realized how true that is! I wonder what the process parameters

temperature, concentration, current per square inch, time....

I don't have any tables listing temperature, but it seems that phosphoric
annodizing has been done from 20 to 120 volts DC, inclusive. Honeycomb cell
size varies proportionately with voltage. I have a microscope photo or two
I could scan and email you if you want to see them. Email me...

As for process time, it's self limiting by the resistivity of the layer as
it builds up.

Never tried it in Coca-Cola, just heard about it somewhere...

StaticsJason