Posted to uk.d-i-y
Christian McArdle

Default Surely gas has now overtaken oil as most expensive fuel?

Electricity is largely generated
from natural gas anyway, so is also rising.

No, From coal.

Largely gas these days. Coal is much worse than gas for global warming.
Better that it stays in the ground. The switch from coal to gas is largely
responsible for the UK's reasonable record on CO2 emissions.

industry out of sheer spite. The 'Dash fro Gas', it was called. Coal

mines
with many years of coal in them closed down. If coal was used to generate
electricity and gas reserved for domestic and some industry, then we would
not be in the situation we are now in.

So you agree it is largely gas, then!

The sooner we run out of fossil fuels, the better. Imminent running out
leads to greater investment in alternatives and means we still might have a
planet left before it happens.

Christian.