Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Replace zipper 'tags', how?

EricP wrote:
On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 13:04:27 +0000 (UTC), wrote:

I have a number of zippers which, while perfectly serviceable, have
lost the little puller that allows you to pull the zip open or closed
easily. I've replaced a couple of these with paper clips but these
aren't ideal really as they're not quite stiff/strong enough.

Marvelous how people arrive at the same conclusion, paper clips here
as well.

:-)

Finally ended up copper/silver plating the paper clip. Looks a bit
beter and works superbly.

I had wondered about 'whipping' the paper clip round the open end so
it won't pull open. The whipping would be very fine wire. Rather
laborious I suspect but effective. Alterntively one could solder the
paper clip.

The only alternative we found was to weave a little toggle from copper
wire, after threading through the hole.

Problem is, it breaks off after a while and has to be replaced.

Like the originals! :-)

--
Chris Green