Bruce

Default Gadgets and gimics

I have found that if you study what tools and accessories are used for
and what they are selling for, then, as you go to garage sales and
auctions, when you see something that you might "like" to have and the
price is right....pick it up...before too long, you will be surprised
as to what you do have in your collection of tools and accessories.
Just be sure to do your homework before hand so when the "deal" is
before your eyes, you will know it....nothing hurts as bad as watching
the items sell super cheap, then go home, look it up and kick yourself
for not knowing a deal when you saw one.....been there too many
times..

"Torsten" wrote in message .. .
"Michael Haseler" (remove 8SPAM) wrote in
message ...
I want to set up a simple work room with lathe, drill and mill.

Looking at the accessories that are available they all seem useful, but

what
are the essentials and which just "nice to have".

Mike Haseler

So you have enough for the purchase of the machines and now you are
wondering
how much else you need to spend before you will be able to do some useful
stuff
with it.
You did not mention what you want to build so I assume you want to be able
do just about everything.
O may this is gone get expensive sort of like if you have to ask you
certainly wont be
able to afford it.
There are people that are in this hobby for 40 + years have spend 10th of
thousands
and still don't have all the equipment to do everything.
They still spend money frequently on accessory's to expand there
capability's.
They are able to make a part here and there and save some $20.- on occasion
which
they otherwise would need to purchase.
For most people this is a negative cash flow hobby so you better like it a
lot sense
likely you wont get rich from doing this.
Sorry I can not give you a figure without knowing what you want to build.

The most cost effective approach in my opinion is buy what you need when you
need it
and are able to justify the purchase.
The downside is you may have to wait for a tool to arrive before you can get
to work.
But it will keep your money in your pocket longer and you will feel better
about when
you do spend it.
Another benefit is when you have a job to thread 500 holes in stainless the
question
of should I buy the quality or the cheap Tabs somehow never comes up.

Back to your question "everything" is "nice to have" until you need it then
it becomes
"essential".

I am sure you have known all of that haven't you.
Good Luck