Ian Sutherland

Default Things to see/do in Germany?

(Cuezilla) wrote in message . com...
I have speFrom:
(Ian Sutherland)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
Subject: Things to see/do in Germany?

(Cuezilla) wrote in message . com...
I have spent

So much to see & only one lifetime, If you get to Stuttgart you will
obviously visit the Mercedes museum possibly the best single marque
museum in Europe if not the world, not far from there is the first
Mercedes factory at Sindelfingen, the tours are really something (in
English too) If you have the time (& transport) a quick trip to
Mulhouse in France (only a couple of hours drive from Stuttgart) will
get you to the greatest car museum on the planet. It's Schlumpf Bros.
(spelling might be wrong) Pretty sure they are on the net. If you get
up north there is a town called Meppen where there is/was? (2000) a
magnetically levitated experimental rail track, you can ride it about
20 Km. each way for about $20.00. I think 300Km. per hour. I drove
hours to get there & only had 1 day to spare & it was closed for
modification ##@&%#@%%#** There is a Luftwaffe museum up north but I
thought hardly worth the time (most exhibits in the open air lots of
military museums with lot's of cool stuff, a couple of submarines open
for tours, If you get to Linz, you are in sight of the bridge at
Remagen really important WWII bridge, great museum interesting story
only takes about 1 hour to see. I could go on for hours (I spent 12
weeks there in 2000, if there is anything else you want to know, just
ask. Have a GREAT trip. Ian S. (Oz)
nt