Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Arch

Default Outboard tail center; useful? useless? impractical? impossible?

I like to keep a supportive center post or an extendable narrow tail
spindle as long as possible when turning tall vessels, but I also like
to hollow them with the headstock swivelled.

Is it feasible to have both? If so, have any of you thought about or
cobbled up a tail center that's outboarded from the tailstock or lathe
bed to support a swivelled blank? Perhaps a fixed #2MT on some sort of
adjustable shaft with the same curve as the rotating headstock or an
adjustable MT on a straight shaft?

Any ideas or suggestions? If not, I'll go quietly.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter