Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rick Hughes

Default Solid/puncture proof wheel barrow tyre

On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 10:33:36 +0000, Broadback wrote:

Having Googled for this they all seem to be USA. I'm fed up repeatedly
getting punctures in my wheelbarrow tyre. Any suggestions as to how or
where I may obtain a solution to this?

I have 3 wheelbarrow's (all real mean do don't they)

The solid wheel one is pathetic to wheel other than on a smooth flat
surface, it simply digs into ruts and holes and stops the barrow dead.
Pneumatic tyres are much better ...

A number of years ago I saw a Tomorrows World programme that sold a product
you injected in your tyre and it expanded to fill the complete cavity ...
with a yellow honeycomb material ... properties of a pneumatic tyre but
puncture proof.
This is not the puncture repair cans .. they just fill the hole ... don't
fill the whole air space.

Maybe it went the same way as everlasting light bulbs and cars that can run
on water ...

Rick