Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Fawthrop

Default Central heating

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 16:54:05 GMT, "The3rd Earl Of Derby"
wrote:

|Not really up on this, i can plumb a central heating system in but I just
|phoned someone who is having CH installed by EAGA gov grant funding and
|what i can gather is 5 Rads,Combi boiler, and a wireless themostat is tobe
|installed.
|I'm a bit mystified as to what he told me over the phone that they are
|positioning the thermostat in the hallway.
|
|Can somebody enlighten me as to why the hallway of all places?

Because heat from all the house convects there, so it is affected by all
the rads which probably have TRVs fitted. So it senses approximately the
average temperature of the house. In my case the unTRVed radiator will be
in the hall, so if the hall gets too hot the boiler switches off.
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
17,000 free e-books at Project Gutenberg! http://www.gutenberg.net