David

Default Is it OK to put floor tiles on 'self leveling compound'?

However, I have a number of questions.

- Assuming the screed has completely gone off (say 2 to 3 weeks) and I
lay the compound, how long after this can I tile.

leave for a day

- Should I put a water/PVA solution on the screed before laying the
compound

Yes, if not the leveler will have the moisture sucked out before it cures.
This also has the efect of making the mix go stiff to fast not allowing it
to 'self level' . Later it is likley to break up.

- Should I put a water/PVA solution on the compound before tiling?

No, Leveling compound is self sealing

To be honest the builder should be levelling the floor. Chances are he will
do it the next day and won't take as much care

David

www.tradetiler.com