Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub

Default Suggestions on cutting energy bill --

Alex wrote:
So with that being said, can someone give suggests I've not thought of
to cut the energy bill? Luckily now through the next month or two is
good open-window weather for us, but come April the temps start
creaping back up and A/C starts coming on. If my electric bill runs
$200-$300 with NO A/C or Heat, what're folks supposed to do?

What else can I and anyone in my situation do to save some extra bucks
on energy?

As for inside the house, we've bought binds and curtains for all
windows and the french doors, which I hope will help. We also have a
ceiling fan in our bedroom we run during warmer nights... but that's
not enough for those 90'F at 11pm nights we have in the Texas summers.

Bingo! Why cool the whole house when everybody's in the bedroom asleep?

Think efficient window unit for sleeping. You can get a 110VAC unit at
Walmart for ~$150. You'll save that much the first month.