Posted to rec.woodworking
Charles Self

Default Frustrated in High Point

"stoutman" .@. wrote in message
"B a r r y" wrote in
message news
stoutman wrote:

I need a beefier saw dam it!!! My bandsaw might have to wait!

A bandsaw would rip that leg nicely!

FWIW, is your breaker shot? They can trip at lower amperages as they
age.

Barry

When I use to live in my old house, which had fuses not a breaker, it
would blow them also. It only trips the breaker when it starts to bog
down. If I feed ridiculously slow it doesn't trip the breaker. But I
risk burning the crap out of the wood. I'm guessing a beefier saw will
not bog down and thus will not trip the breaker.?.

I thought about the bandsaw after I posted. I think your right. A nice
bandsaw should do the job nicely.

A beefier saw is going to require more amperage, though, which by itself
will blow the breaker. What strength breaker are you running, 15 amp? If so,
a slow blow might help, but running a 20 amp circuit might help more.