Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.engr.joining.welding
RDF

Default American Chopper episode got even more reckless

Tony,
I "heard" he had a massive CVA. I don't know the accuracy of the means of
his passing but yep, unfortunately he passed away a few months ago. I hate
the rumor mill so I won't feed it but he is gone. That's all I can be sure
to repeat.

Respects,

Rob

Fraser Competition Engines
Chicago, IL.
"Tony" wrote in message
ROY DIED????? WOT HAPPON?

"RDF" wrote in message
I quit watching that show (American Hotrod) just because I wanted to
smash
that putz Dwayne in the head with a jack. He really turned me off of the
show. Then Roy croaks and the Boyd Co. fails to mention his passing and
moreover, his contributions and his owed respects as a man in general.
could easily see Roy doing that. My old mentor was as psycho as they
came.
He was always lighting things on fire or shooting Rollocks under the
bathroom stalls off a die grinder while taking a good constitutional with
the Tribune in hand.. Fun times with the "Real masters of the trades"
Then , no respect is shown. I guess I was right for ditching the show.

Respects,

Rob

Fraser Competition Engines
Chicago, IL.
"*" wrote in message

wallster wrote in article
I was watching Discovery channel's "American Chopper" last night. In

the
past, I've read threads about the disregard of welding helmets while

tack

welding, eye protection while grinding, etc. Last night they out did
there
lack of safety by filling a balloon with acetylene, setting it on the
ground, pouring gas to it and lighting it. No disclaimer regarding

safety

either. Hopefully some yougster won't think that was cool and try it
at
home. The fact that filling a balloon with acetylene is really

dangerous
(static electricity and kaboom... off with those fingers, hand,

face...)
then lighting gasolene (indoors too!) WOW!, makes jackass look like
brain
surgery.
I posted a warning on the the shows forum board.
Did anyone else see this show?

walt

While I certainly do NOT condone such activity, I find it somewhat
puzzling
that this subject was never brought up when the late metal master "Roy"
used to set off upside-down coffee cups full of acetylene on the

American
HotRod program.

Maybe everbody was hoping Boyd might be walking by when one went

off?????